What is the difference between a concentrated and dilute alkali?
When solutions are described as dilute or concentrated: a dilute solution contains a relatively small amount of dissolved solute. a concentrated solution contains a relatively large amount of dissolved solute.
What happens if you add water to base?
Diluting acids and bases Adding water to an acid or base will change its pH. Water is mostly water molecules so adding water to an acid or base reduces the concentration of ions in the solution.
What does it mean to dilute yourself?
That means you have to say no once in a while. Think of it this way, you want to give your best to whatever project or cause you take on. If you are diluting yourself, your performance will be subpar and just make the experience more of a chore than fun.
What does always dilute mean?
to make a liquid weaker by mixing in something else: Dilute the juice (with water) before you drink it. You should always dilute juice that you serve to children.
What does plebe mean?
What does dilute mean in stocks?
Dilution occurs when a company issues new shares that result in a decrease in existing stockholders’ ownership percentage of that company. Stock dilution can also occur when holders of stock options, such as company employees, or holders of other optionable securities exercise their options.
What is the meaning of weaken?
weaken, enfeeble, debilitate, undermine, sap, cripple, disable mean to lose or cause to lose strength or vigor. weaken may imply loss of physical strength, health, soundness, or stability or of quality, intensity, or effective power.
What’s the meaning of strengthen?
: to make, grow, or become stronger or more powerful Exercises will strengthen your muscles.
What anneal means?
transitive verb. 1a : to heat and then cool (a material, such as steel or glass) usually for softening and making less brittle Each bar, with its intricate twists, bevels and turns, had to be shaped individually.
What is a word for to make stronger?
fortify, bolster, make stronger, give strength to, give a boost to, boost, reinforce, harden, stiffen, toughen, steel, cement.
Is the word stronger?
1. having, showing, or involving great bodily or muscular power; physically vigorous or robust. 2. mentally powerful or vigorous.
How do you spell strongest?
Correct spelling for the English word “strongest” is [stɹˈɒŋɡəst], [stɹˈɒŋɡəst], [s_t_ɹ_ˈɒ_ŋ_ɡ_ə_s_t] (IPA phonetic alphabet)….Similar spelling words for STRONGEST
- strong suit,
What is the meaning of strangest?
1. odd, unusual, or extraordinary in appearance, effect, manner, etc; peculiar. 2. not known, seen, or experienced before; unfamiliar: a strange land.
What are three synonyms strong?
- Synonyms for strong. brawny, muscular, rugged, sinewy, stalwart, stout.
- Words Related to strong. forceful, forcible, mighty, potent, powerful, puissant.
- Near Antonyms for strong. challenged, disabled, incapacitated, paralyzed. impotent, powerless.
- Antonyms for strong. delicate, feeble, frail, weak, weakling, wimpy.
How do you say someone is strong?
Physically strong – thesaurus
- strong. adjective. physically powerful and healthy.
- powerful. adjective. physically strong.
- athletic. adjective. physically strong, active, and good at sports.
- able-bodied. adjective. physically strong and healthy.
- virile. adjective.
- tough. adjective.
- hardy. adjective.
- rugged. adjective.
What is a throng in Bible?
a multitude of people crowded or assembled together; crowd.
What does wielding mean?
transitive verb. 1 chiefly dialectal : to deal successfully with : manage. 2 : to handle (something, such as a tool) especially effectively wield a broom. 3a : to exert one’s authority by means of wield influence.
What is a throng used for?
throng Add to list Share. A throng is a crowd of people or animals. On the crowded platform, the throng of passengers attempted to push their way into the already overcrowded subway car. When used as a noun, throng means a tightly packed crowd of people or animals.
How do you use throng?
Throng sentence example
- A throng of officers surrounded him.
- There was not an ugly person in all the throng .
- She slowed, unwilling to join the throng of bloodsuckers.
- The throng stood still and waited.
What does intercede mean?
: to intervene between parties with a view to reconciling differences : mediate.
What does wielding a knife mean?
C2. to hold a weapon or tool and look as if you are going to use it: She was confronted by a man wielding a knife.