What does Infobase mean?
fo·li·os. 1. a. A large sheet of paper folded once in the middle, making two leaves or four pages of a book or manuscript.
What type of source is Infobase?
Pro/Con: Source Reference’s Pro/Con is a featured content category for helping students locate reliable reference materials on issues of real-time importance. Highly respected publishers add and update entries regularly, bringing authority and accuracy to students’ current events-related information needs.
Is Infobase a journal?
InfoBase Index holds indexed records from active, authoritative journals. Most of the journal titles are peer-reviewed, with new journal titles being added to the collection regularly.
How do I create an Infobase account?
Create your Infobase Account: Fill out the required fields to complete your profile and select your interests and notification preferences. Once you have completed everything, click on the Create Account button to complete the process.
How do I sign up for Learn360?
To create an account from the my menu:
- Click on the My Learn360 link in the header.
- Click on the Create an Account link near the bottom of this pull down menu.
- You will be redirected to the Create Account page where you can register for your own personal account under your institution.
What is issues and controversies database?
“Issues & Controversies is an ideal speech and debate database… Through the inclusion of newspaper editorials, editorial cartoons, and contact information this database provides unique content… There’s no debate that this database deserves an A.” “…a wealth of information for students working on any research project…
How do I create a film on demand account?
To create an account in the Films on Demand database:
- Go to Videos.
- Click on Films on Demand.
- Click on Your Profile and then Sign up.
Is films on demand a database?
Films on Demand is a database of streaming educational videos. You can access this database from the library’s database collection: A to Z List, or from the direct link: Films on Demand. You can browse the videos by scrolling and finding a subject of interest, such as Anthropology or Criminal Justice, etc.
What are films on demand?
Films On Demand is a streaming video service containing outstanding educational programs. Many programs from the History Channel, Biography Channel, BBC, PBS and other news channels are included in this collection.
How do I log into a movie on demand?
If you have an account click My Profile at the top right corner of the screen and enter your Films On Demand username and password and log in to the database.
How can I watch films on TV?
Film and TV streaming sites: Top 10 places to watch online
- Streaming sticks and boxes.
- NOW TV.
- Amazon Prime Video.
- TalkTalk TV Store.
- Google Play.
- Sky Store.
What is Infobase films on demand?
Our On Demand platform gives students and patrons instant access to outstanding documentaries, award-winning educational films, independent films, and helpful instructional videos from the library, lecture hall, dorm room, or any location with Internet access, anytime they choose.
How do I add movies on demand to canvas?
- After locating your video in the Films on Demand database, copy the full URL.
- Using the page editor in Canvas: add text on your page, select that text, and then click the link icon in the toolbar.
- Paste the link you copied from Films on Demand in the window that pops up, click “Insert Link”.
Can you watch a movie on canvas?
All new media related to your course(s), inclusive of Online Movies, can now be found in the Media Library located in the left navigation in your Canvas course. After opening the Media Library you should see a collection of all content related to the course.
How do I show a movie on canvas?
Here are instructions for embedding a video from Films on Demand into Canvas.
- Navigate to your Canvas page and Edit.
- Select Films on Demand from the dropdown menu.
- In the pop-up window, search for the video you want to share.
- Click the Embed button or the dropdown menu beside it and select the size of the video.
Can I put a movie on canvas?
Canvas provides a password-protected environment to allow posting of video materials for enrolled students, as long as Fair Use practices are followed (typically this means posting excerpts rather than whole videos). To request a clip of a DVD, faculty should fill out the Library Reserves Request form.
How does student record video on canvas?
Method 2: Canvas Record Media
- Click the dropdown arrow next to the Record/Upload Media icon.
- Click the Record tab and your browser will request permission to access your webcam and your microphone.
- You should now see your web camera view.
- When complete, be sure to title your video and click Save.
How do I embed a video in a canvas discussion?
To embed a video, there are a few options. If you are using a video from YouTube, simply click on the ‘Share’ button underneath the video on Youtube and copy the URL. Then in the Canvas discussion board, select the insert/edit media icon, and paste the URL from YouTube where it reads ‘Source’.
Can I upload a video from my phone to canvas?
How do I upload iPhone or Android phone videos (and images) to My Media? Tufts University account holders that have access to any Canvas course site can upload videos or images directly from their iPhone or Android phone via the mobile Canvas app.
How long does it take to upload a video to canvas?
I’d give a general range of 5-30 minutes for that sized file. So my long winded answer basically says; it depends on a lot of things. I’d give a general range of 5-30 minutes for that sized file.
Can students record themselves on canvas?
Creating & Submitting Videos for Assignments and Discussions in Canvas. Instructors may expect students to record videos of themselves as part of a discussion board or to turn in as an assignment. Students should be able to do this with any webcam enabled computer or smart phone.
How do you record yourself on canvas?
Try it for yourself by working through the following steps:
- Sign up for Screencast-O-Matic.
- Click the Start Recorder button.
- Plug in a microphone and click the Narration option to make sure that the right microphone is selected.
- Practice recording a short video.
- Share your video one of two ways:
How do I reply to canvas?
Click the title of the Discussion to open the Discussion topic. To reply to the main discussion, type your reply in the Reply field. Write your response in the Rich Content Editor.